Sunday, August 14, 2011

Does anyone remember these traveling vehicles of oddities?

When I was a wee child (Suzie's lingo rubbing off on me,) I remember these traveling large mobile vehicles that would come to town occasionally. It was around 1960 or earlier. Some had shrinken heads, and other oddities. Pictures of mummies on the side of the vehicle got everyones attention. Does anyone remember these traveling 'shows,' back in those days, or earlier? There would be really weird pictures drawn on the sides of the mobile van. There was a fee to go on board and look at what was on display. The vehicle sort of reminds you of the size and shape of a winnebago, or similar, or could have been like a bus. I remember going inside one with my cousins, but don't remember what all I saw, but I think there was a mummified body in there. Anyone that can share if they remember them, and if they boarded one to take a look?

No comments:

Post a Comment